Postby ybae on Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:02 am

Hellow
I am just a beginner in Knot Plot.
Even I don't know how to use this BB.
I have a few questions.
(1) How can I make crossing changes?
(2) How can I draw tangels?
(3) How can I make the tangle holder?
(4) Is it possible to put different tangles in defferent places of a tangle holder?
Thank you in advanced.
ybae
ybae

Re: Just Beginner

Postby rob on Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:16 pm

ybae wrote:Hellow
I am just a beginner in Knot Plot.
Even I don't know how to use this BB.
I have a few questions.
(1) How can I make crossing changes?
(2) How can I draw tangels?
(3) How can I make the tangle holder?
(4) Is it possible to put different tangles in defferent places of a tangle holder?
Thank you in advanced.
ybae

hello, sorry for long time in replyng.

(1) one way is to go into the Edit tab on the KnotPlot Control Panel. in the Region of influence section at the top of that control panel, increase the roisize to 9 or more. now, click in the main KnotPlot window where your knot is located. click on a bead or an edge and move it. notice you drag a section of the string. experiment with the roisize and roidecay values. to move something only in the z-direction, select xy in the Movement constraint section. when you do this, you'll see a message in the KnotPlot Command Window telling you what the contraint is. if you have xy selected, the string can only move in the z-direction. this might be hard to see if you haven't rotated the knot. rotate the knot so that you are viewing it from the side. just click in the main window someplace other than the knot and drag.
s

(2) go to the TopoICE control panel and at the bottom select --> tangle calc. alternatively, right click on the KnotPlot Control Panel and select
Control Panel --> Tangle calculator
then click on the help button at the top of that panel

(3) i will have to remember myself. i haven't used that feature for a long time.

(4) yes
rob
Site Admin

Return to Creating figures